Spiced Apple Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) nuts chopped
- 1 cup(s) apples, unpeeled diced
- In a small pan, cover raisins with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes and then drain.
- In a large bowl, beat together: shortening, brown sugar, egg and milk. In a separate bowl, stir together: flour, soda, cinnamon, salt cloves and nutmeg. Add to shortening mixture a little at a time and beat until well blended. Stir in nuts, raisin and diced apples. Put by rounded teaspoons on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake on 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on rack. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tracihook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced Apple Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies