Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 gallon(s) apple cider, preferably fresh (the darker the better)
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 whole(s) cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- Brandy, Calvados (apple brandy), or bourbon (optional)
- Combine cider, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a large pot. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring spiced cider just to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook just below a simmer until flavors meld, about 1 hour.
- Strain cider through a sieve into another pot or heatproof punch bowl; discard solids in sieve. Add brandy to taste, if using. Ladle hot spiced cider into cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note