Spiced apple and butternut squash soup
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 large onions diced
- 2 large Granny Smith apples peeled cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 4 butternut squashes peeled, halved lengthwise and remove seeds, dice into 1inch cubes
- 3 quart(s) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onions and apples, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the spices, cook for 1 minute, and then add the squash and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the squash is tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Puree and serve. Add additional broth if necessary to desired thickness. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Refrigerate any leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Paparazzi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spiced apple and butternut squash soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes