More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (1- to 2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries with stems
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Pour syrup through a wire-mesh strainer into a small bowl, discarding ginger and spices. Cool completely; chill.
- Combine sectioned oranges and pineapple in a large bowl. Gently stir in chilled syrup. Spoon fruit and syrup into individual dessert dishes. Sprinkle with coconut, and top with cherries.
- Make-Ahead Note: Prepare fruit. Seal in a zip-top freezer bag, and refrigerate overnight. Cover and chill ginger syrup overnight. Combine fruit and syrup before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note