Spice-rubbed Swordfish Steaks
Swordfish, more than many other species, tends to appeal to avowed meat eaters because of its meaty texture and earthy--not fishy--flavor. It dries quickly, so the key is not to overcook it. Once the center is barely translucent, remove from heat.
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle spice rub over fish, then gently massage it in with your fingertips.
- Brush grill rack or grill pan with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high; add fish. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish is just cooked through. (Do not try to turn fish until it lifts readily from the surface, which indicates the fish has been properly seared.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note