Spice-Dusted Lamb Chops with Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Eight 12-ounce lamb loin chops, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine all of the spices. Season the lamb chops with salt, rubbing it into the meat. Rub each chop all over with a scant teaspoon of the spice dust. Let the chops stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Brush the chops all over with vegetable oil and grill over a medium-hot fire or in the grill pan over moderate heat, until crusty and medium rare, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with the remaining spice dust. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until just hot, about 1 minute. Serve at once with the chops.
- Notes: Variations: Use the spice dust on grilled or broiled chicken or pork, or tossed with sautéed vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This