Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) molasses
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl combine the molasses and boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add the egg to the creamed mixture. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with the molasses mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes come out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spice Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes
More Recipes for Main Dishes