- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- Lemon Frosting
- Grated lemon rind
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with Lemon Frosting, and sprinkle with grated lemon rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This