- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- Lemon Frosting
- Grated lemon rind
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Spoon batter into greased muffin pans. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with Lemon Frosting, and sprinkle with grated lemon rind.