- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 18 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 lbs.), at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- calories 124
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 4.6 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 281 mg
- cholesterol 31 mg
How to Make It
Toast spices in a medium frying pan over medium heat until fragrant and coriander seeds are light golden, about 4 minutes. Coarsely grind in a mortar or spice grinder, then pour onto a plate.
Heat oil in a 12-in. nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt right before cooking and dredge top and bottom of each one in spice mix.
Cook scallops until golden underneath, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve them with a drizzle of spiced pan juices.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.