- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Tropical Fruit Mix
- Tipsy Vanilla-Rum Sauce
How to Make It
Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Stir in vanilla extract.
Combine flour and next 8 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in coconut.
Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Spoon 1 1/2 cups Tropical Fruit Mix over batter; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Poke holes in cake with a wooden skewer; pour half of Tipsy Vanilla-Rum Sauce over cake. Let cool in pan 1 hour. Invert cake onto a serving plate, drizzle with remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining fruit mix.