Spent-Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
Spent-grain is the grain leftover after brewing beer, before it is fermented. These cookies are a bit cake like and especially with dark grain could be more fudgey. Might try lowering amount of flour and adding a bit more butter. Could add nuts or dried fruit especially if leave cakey. For lighter grain use semi sweet or milk chocolate.
Yield: 20 servings ( Serving Size: 1 cookie )
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Peanut butter (used part commercial & part homemade no salt)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Spent-grain (from rye stout)
- 1 cup(s) Whole wheat flour (5 oz)
- 1 cup(s) White whole wheat flour (5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt (sea salt, fine)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) Chocolate chips, dark
- Cream peanut butter, butter, egg and sugar. Add milk and mix. Add spent grain & mix. In separate bowl mix dry ingredients then add to wet. Mix in vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop on to baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 8 - 10 min in 425 degree oven. Let cool on baking rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PKcookin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes