Spent-Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
Spent-grain is the grain leftover after brewing beer, before it is fermented. These cookies are a bit cake like and especially with dark grain could be more fudgey. Might try lowering amount of flour and adding a bit more butter. Could add nuts or dried fruit especially if leave cakey. For lighter grain use semi sweet or milk chocolate.
Yield: 20 servings ( Serving Size: 1 cookie )
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Peanut butter (used part commercial & part homemade no salt)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter Melted
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Spent-grain (from rye stout)
- 1 cup(s) Whole wheat flour (5 oz)
- 1 cup(s) White whole wheat flour (5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt (sea salt, fine)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) Chocolate chips, dark
- Cream peanut butter, butter, egg and sugar. Add milk and mix. Add spent grain & mix. In separate bowl mix dry ingredients then add to wet. Mix in vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop on to baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 8 - 10 min in 425 degree oven. Let cool on baking rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PKcookin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note