This was really tasty, except I added 1 tbls. minced garlic and shredded Parmesan!
Speedy Spaghetti with Chicken and Fresh Tomato
To make this easy pasta recipe, simply combine cooked spaghetti noodles with chopped cooked chicken, fresh tomato, basil, and goat cheese and toss with olive oil. Serve with garlic bread for a simple dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 642
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 12 ounces cooked boneless chicken, torn in pieces (3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (4 to 5 oz.) log fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid from pasta. Drain spaghetti in a colander and reserve.
- Heat oil over medium heat in same pot. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Return pasta to pot along with tomato, chicken and pasta liquid. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer pasta to plates. Sprinkle with basil, dot with crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note