I thought that this was absolutely delicious! True confession: I did make some changes, so maybe the 5 stars should be 4. Used entire two pounds of shrimp and whole pound of angel hair pasta, so I increased butter to 1/2 cup, doubled the hot sauce (probably could have used more - this is an unexpectedly tasty addition to a scampi), and used extra garlic. Kept the lemon juice, zest, and parsley unchanged. Was perfect!
Have your supermarket's seafood section peel and devein the shrimp for you.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green onions, minced garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, and salt; cook garlic mixture 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Reduce heat to medium; add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley and hot sauce. Toss with hot pasta.
- Prep: 10 min., Cook: 8 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes