- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with onions and roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Crumble sausage into a plastic colander; place over a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute, and stir. Microwave at HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 minutes more, stirring every 30 seconds, or until sausage is done and no longer pink. Drain well on paper towels. Discard drippings. Rinse and wipe bowl clean.
Stir together sausage, spaghetti sauce, basil, and pepper in large bowl.
Spread one-third sausage mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch microwave-safe baking dish; top with 3 noodles, 1 cup ricotta cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once.
Top evenly with remaining sausage mixture and grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with double-thickness plastic wrap, and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 30 to 35 minutes. Using an oven mitt, carefully lift one corner of plastic wrap to allow steam to escape, and let stand in microwave 5 minutes before serving.