For a spicy one-dish meal your family will love, try this cajun favorite from All You reader Shannon Nelson.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 443
- Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Sodium: 768mg
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 12-ounce cooked andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 24-ounce jar tomato sauce
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until tender and water has absorbed, about 15 minutes, or as package label directs.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper, onion and sausage until vegetables have softened and meat is browned, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add cooked rice to skillet, stirring until heated through. Serve, passing hot sauce at the table, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note