- Cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas and diced carrot blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust dough
- calories 341
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 33.6 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 69 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 813 mg
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; sprinkle with salt. Sauté 5 minutes or until browned and done.
While chicken cooks, bring 2 1/2 cups broth and bay leaf to a boil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes; cover and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots; cover and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken. Combine remaining 1/2 cup broth and flour; stir into potato mixture. Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and thick. Remove bay leaf. Stir in thyme, pepper, and sage.
While potato mixture cooks, cut piecrust dough crosswise into 12 strips. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until browned and puffy. Top chicken mixture with piecrust strips.