Easy and tasty. I added a can of black beans with the chicken mixture. I made enchilada sauce using a McCormick packet then added some of the sauce to the chicken mixture as well. We'll add it to the recipe rotation. Edit: The second time I made this I added the onions and peppers to the chicken mixture rather than the sauce. I liked it a a lot better this way.
Speedy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
Rotisserie chicken and prechopped vegetables make this a quick casserole.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 enchiladas, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37.2g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 701mg
- Calcium: 339mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup prechopped white onion
- 1 cup prechopped bell pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded, reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and pepper; sauté 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add enchilada sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken, 3/4 cup of cheese, and cumin, tossing well.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels; microwave at high 30 seconds or until warm. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up. Place tortillas, seam sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce mixture over enchiladas; broil 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese evenly over enchiladas, and broil for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes