Great recipe for getting dinner on the table quickly. I didn't have any canned green chilies on hand, so I threw in about a tablespoon of minced jarred jalapenos. I also added about 1/2 of an onion diced. I served the chicken over a bed of minute rice & corn. It was so yummy, and really did only take 15 minutes start to finish!
Speedy Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Lime juice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Canned chopped green chilies
- Trim off and discard any excess fat from chicken, then place the meat between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a heavy, flat-sided mallet or a clean hammer, firmly pound all over until the meat is 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. (Don't pound hard enough to tear the meat.)
- Melt butter and oil in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When butter sizzles, add chicken (if all the meat won't fit, cook in batches). Cook, turning once, until both sides are well browned and center is no longer pink (cut to test), 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer meat to a platter.
- Drizzle chicken with a mixture of crema, lime juice, cilantro, and chilies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This