Great recipe. We added some marinated steak from a local Mexican food store that we grilled. We also added pico de gallo salsa and Mexican 4 cheese.
Speedy Black Beans and Mexican Rice
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Ana Kelly
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve Mexican rice
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa, diced tomato, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Combine black beans and green chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 90 seconds. Stir in rice and cilantro. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rice-A-Roni Express Heat & Serve Mexican Rice.
- Mexican Beef 'n' Rice: Substitute 1 lb. cooked lean ground beef for black beans. Substitute 1 cup salsa for green chiles. Prepare recipe as directed omitting toppings. Serve with corn chips or in lettuce leaves, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note