Speckled Butter Beans With Cornbread Crust
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (16-oz.) bags frozen butter beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cornbread Crust Batter
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until beans are tender. Remove from heat.
- 2. Sauté onion and chile in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes; remove from heat, and stir into beans. Spoon bean mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Spoon Cornbread Crust Batter over mixture, spreading to edges of dish.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note