- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (3-ounce) package dried cranberries (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- Additional sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well. Combine sugar, oil, and eggs; beat at medium speed of a heavy-duty electric mixer until blended. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently stir or knead in pecans, chocolate morsels, and cranberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 portions. Shape each portion into a 14" log; place logs several inches apart on a lightly greased large cookie sheet. Combine egg yolk and water; brush lightly over each log. Sprinkle each log with additional sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let logs cool 30 minutes on cookie sheet. (This will make slicing easier.) Transfer logs to a cutting board, and cut diagonally into 3/4" slices. Place slices on two ungreased cookie sheets. Reduce oven temperature to 300°. Bake at 300° for 15 to 20 minutes or just until firm. Let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month.
- Note: If you don't own a heavy mixer, you can use a hand-held mixer until it's time to add flour; then you'll probably have to stir the last two cups of flour in by hand with a sturdy spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Speckled Biscotti Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts