This stuff was disgusting. It looked and I daresay, smelled like vomit, and I could barely bring myself to eat it. It didn't taste bad, but was very liquid-y from too much dressing, and after the get-together I made it for was over we had a lot left over that was never eaten. I find coleslaw rather boring in general and like trying "different" recipes, but there are ones out there much better than this.
Notes: With a medley of flavors reminiscent of Thousand Island dressing, this slaw is just as good on its own as it is smothering the classic Western burger. If making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
This recipe goes with Classic Western Burgers
More From Sunset
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 168mg
- Cholesterol: 3.5mg
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons tomato-based chili sauce (for seafood cocktails)
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 10 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced (1/4 in.) red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, pickle relish, chili sauce, and mustard.
- 2. Add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and green onions; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note