I followed the recipe precisely, and it didn't produce oatmeal: it made some sort of oat soup. There is way too much liquid in this recipe to make anything resembling what most people would think of as "oatmeal."
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter, sliced
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to a slow cooker; dot with butter. Combine oats, water and juices; pour over fruit mixture in slow cooker. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch