- 3 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Combine beans and 4 cups water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Chill beans up to 8 hours, if desired.
Sauté mushrooms and next 7 ingredients in hot oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add beans, stirring until thoroughly heated; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.