Spatzle with Jarelsberg and Bacon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- black pepper
- 7/10 pound(s) Jarlsberg cheese shredded
- 6 piece(s) Bacon chopped
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the center. Add eggs and enough of the milk to make a very soft dough.
- Beat the dough until it develops bubbles, then stir in the oil and beat again. Bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Add oil
- Dampen a chopping board with water and place the dough on it. Shave off strips of the dough into the water using the broad side of a knife.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then remove the pieces with slotted spoon. Repeat until all the dough has been used up.
- Stir in 1 T. Olive oil and bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Oil a 9x13 baking dish. Spread the spatzle in the dish and dot with the butter. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note