I've made these many times and they are always a hit.Instead of cutting in butter and rolling out dough, wet ingredients are mixed into dry and then dropped onto a parchment-lined baking sheet as you would drop cookies or drop biscuits. I serve them with "sweet orange butter", softened butter with grated orange peel, OJ, and powdered sugar.
Sparkly Cranberry Scones
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar*
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in cranberries.
- 2. Whisk together butter, 1/2 cup milk, and 1 egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and dough forms. Drop dough by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Whisk together remaining 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. milk. Brush tops of dough with egg mixture, and sprinkle evenly with sparkling sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- *Granulated sugar may be substituted.
- Note: Purchase sparkling sugar at crafts stores or supercenters with cake-decorating supplies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note