Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 114
- Calories from fat: 0.8%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 star anise, plus 1 for garnish if you like
- 1 tablespoon Lemon-Lime Juice (see
- 1/2 cup chilled sparkling apple-cranberry juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat sugar with 1/2 cup water and the star anise over high heat until sugar dissolves. Let steep 30 minutes, then strain.
- 2. Pour 1 tbsp. star anise syrup into a Champagne flute. Add Lemon-Lime Juice and sparkling apple-cranberry juice.
- Make ahead: Chill syrup up to 2 weeks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per mocktail.
- Bar Essentials: Have these on hand for mixing great mocktails.
- Simple Syrup: Equal parts sugar and water, heated until the sugar dissolves. (Your yield will be the same as the amount of water you use.)
- Lemon-Lime Juice: Equal parts freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, for adding acidity in a flash.
- Fresh Lemons, Limes, and Oranges: To make juice, wedges for squeezing or moistening the rim of a glass, or twists of zest for extra citrus aroma.
- Superfine Sugar: Dissolves easily and makes a nice garnish on the rim of a glass.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, mint, and tarragon add complexity, texture, and visual appeal.
- Purchased Ice: For a big party, it's hard to make enough ice at home. Besides cooling, ice helps blend flavors in the shaker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This