Sparkling Peppermint Candy
More From Southern Living
Cool: 45 Minutes
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring paste
- Clear sparkling sugar
- 1. Generously oil the bottom and sides of a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Stir together granulated sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 1/2 cup water in an oiled 3 1/2-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat until a candy thermometer registers 300° to 310° (hard-crack stage, about 15 to 20 minutes).
- 2. Remove from heat, and carefully stir in peppermint flavoring and food coloring until well blended; quickly pour mixture onto prepared jelly-roll pan. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cool. Carefully break into pieces.
- 3. Carefully brush or dip edges (some edges will be jagged and sharp) of candy pieces with remaining 1/4 cup corn syrup, allowing excess syrup to drip off. Sprinkle with clear sparkling sugar.
- Clear Sparkling Peppermint Candy: Omit red food coloring. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note