Grrrreat drink with before-dinner appetizers for our monthly dinner group. Used less expensive Bacardi gold and Myer's Rum Original Dark instead of the premium rums. Trader Joe's Blanc de Blanc worked well in this drink. Easy to make and delicious!
Sparkling Mai Tai
This recipe comes from Martin Cate, owner of Smuggler's Cove bar in San Francisco.
More From Sunset
Chill: 1 Hour
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orgeat
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur such as Gran Gala or Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Hart 151 rum or El Dorado 12 Year Old rum
- 1/4 cup Appleton Estate Extra 12 Year Old rum
- 2 cups blanc de blancs sparkling wine, preferably from California
- 1 firm lime, chilled
- 4 small sprigs mint
- 1. Pour lime juice, orgeat, orange liqueur, and rums into a glass measuring cup. Stir and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2. Divide rum mixture between 4 chilled Champagne flutes and top each with 1/2 cup sparkling wine. Cut 4 spirals of zest from lime (use a 1-hole bartender's zester or a sharp knife) and put a spiral in each drink along with a mint sprig.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note