Sparkling Autumn Chianti
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 3 small apples
- 3 fresh plums, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cane syrup
- 2 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Chianti
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle sparkling white wine, chilled
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Cut pear lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, cutting from stem end through the bottom. Cut apples crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- 2. Stir together pear, apples, plums, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-qt. glass container until fruit is coated. Gradually stir in Chianti. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 3. Stir in sparkling white wine just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Prepare and chill up to 24 hours beforehand.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This