- 1 Bartlett pear
- 3 small apples
- 3 fresh plums, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cane syrup
- 2 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Chianti
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle sparkling white wine, chilled
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Make It
Cut pear lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, cutting from stem end through the bottom. Cut apples crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
Stir together pear, apples, plums, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-qt. glass container until fruit is coated. Gradually stir in Chianti. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
Stir in sparkling white wine just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Prepare and chill up to 24 hours beforehand.