- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 4 serving-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon commercial brown bouquet sauce
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery leaves
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Hot cooked grits (optional)
How to Make It
Combine spareribs and water to cover in a large Dutch oven. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and bouquet sauce; stir well. Combine onion, celery leaves, and garlic; tie securely in cheesecloth. Place cheesecloth bag in sparerib mixture. Bring to a boil ; cover and simmer 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
Remove spareribs to a warm serving platter and cover. Discard cheesecloth bag, and reserve 2 cups cooking liquid in Dutch oven.
Combine flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until smooth. Pour flour mixture into reserved cooking liquid ; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour gravy over warm spareribs, and serve immediately with hot cooked grits, if desired .