Spanish Tortilla with Corn, Tomato, and Potato
Photo: Buff Strickland; Styling: Olga Naiman
More From Coastal Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic gloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup Parmesan in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over low heat in a 10-inch heavy, ovenproof skillet. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute or until golden; transfer to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add 3 tablespoons oil to skillet, increase heat to medium-high, and cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until tender. Transfer to bowl with garlic. Add corn; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Transfer to bowl with garlic and potatoes.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown and the skins split. Add reserved potato mixture to skillet, and spread evenly over bottom.
- 4. Preheat broiler. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cook about 4 minutes, lifting up eggs around the edges. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook about 5 more minutes. (The center will still be moist.)
- 5. Remove lid, and broil 4 minutes or until eggs are set; sprinkle top with remaining cheese, and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen edges with a spatula before cutting into serving pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note