Community Recipe from
- 3 teaspoon(s) evoo divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) diced potatoes cooked
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup(s) manchego or jack cheeses shredded
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add potatoes, thyme and paprika and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 2.Lightly whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Gently stir the potato mixture into the eggs along with cheese, spinach, salt and pepper until combined. Wipe the pan clean; add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, cover and cook until the edges are set and the bottom is browned, 4 to 5 minutes (it will still be moist in the center).
- 3.To flip the tortilla, run a spatula gently around the edges to loosen them. Invert a large plate over the pan and turn out the tortilla onto it. Slide the tortilla back into the pan and continue cooking until completely set in the middle, 3 to 6 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- Per serving: 178 calories;9 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono ); 217 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 2 g fiber;433 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dpygrl01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
spanish tortilla Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch