It's easy to split duties on this one, but the cook making the vinaigrette will be done long before the salad maker. That will give the lead chef a chance to apply thoughtful management by lending a hand with the salad. It will also get the dish to the table faster.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 115
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 406mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup torn radicchio
- 1 cup chopped oranges
- 14 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare salad, place bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
- Combine bread cubes, lettuce, radicchio, oranges, and olives in a large bowl.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the orange juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note