great easy recipe
Spanish-Style Lentil Soup
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 pound ham, diced
- 1 large onion
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 3 ingredients and enough water to cover in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Chop onion, potato, and garlic; slice carrots and sausage.
- Saute onion, carrot, and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until tender; stir into lentil mixture. Add potato, sausage, chicken broth, and next 4 ingredients. Cover mixture, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until done. Stir in parsley, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note