We've made this a few times since the issue came out. So very easy. We use whole leaf spinach and always clean two 8oz bags because we like more. Last night served Thomas Keller's gazpacho ( http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/03/news/lat-dd-dinner-tonight-thomas-kellers-gazpacho-20121002 ) and avocado-on-toast first. Then the halibut & spinach. Gorgeous presentations, great flavors.
Smoked paprika contrasts nicely with the sweet halibut. If you can't find fresh halibut fillets, substitute snapper or another firm white fish. Plate with herbed Israeli couscous.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 475mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 slice applewood-smoked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and crumble. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over fish. Add fish to drippings in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan, and keep warm.
- Add 2 teaspoons garlic to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in bacon. Add spinach to pan, and cook for 1 minute or until the spinach begins to wilt. Serve with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note