We love this one for dinner during the week and we've served it to guests. Everyone loves it. Keep meaning to try the chicken alone over rice with a steamed vegetable on the side. I'm sure it would be good too but I keep going back to the salad.
Spanish-Style Chicken Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 532
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 589mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 6 boned, skinned chicken thighs (1 lb. total)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon regular paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 qt. loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 qt. loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, patted dry and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salted, roasted Marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup shaved manchego cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, rub chicken with 2 tbsp. oil; 1/2 tsp. each smoked paprika, regular paprika, and salt; and the garlic. Lay chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and 4 tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. each smoked paprika and regular paprika, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Combine arugula, spinach, peppers, and almonds in a large bowl, tossing gently to mix. Thinly slice hot chicken, add to salad, and toss with half the dressing.
- 4. Divide salad among plates and scatter with cheese. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note