- 1 (5-pound) sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-size green pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup hot water
How to Make It
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Insert meat thermometer, if desired.
Combine catsup, chili sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over steak. Place onion, green pepper, and lemon slices on top of steak. Dot with butter. Pour water around steak.
Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 140° (rare). Discard lemon slices.