The Farro Salad is the real star in this recipe!! That's not to say that the lamb isn't great as well. This is a very simple recipe that I wouldn't hesitate to serve to guests. The process of rubbing the the lamb chops and quickly frying them couldn't be easier, and the flavor!!!
Spanish Spice-Rubbed Lamb Tenderloin with Farro Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups farro salad and 2 chops)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup farro (available at igourmet.com)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 8 baby lamb chops (about 3 ounces each), frenched and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Heat a medium saucepan over high heat. Add water, farro, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and continue cooking until farro is tender (about 30 minutes). Drain well, then transfer the farro to a large bowl.
- 2. Add olive oil, vinegar, mint, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to farro; toss well. Top with the goat cheese and pine nuts; set aside.
- 3. Combine paprika, cumin, mustard, fennel, and remaining salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk well.
- 4. Press each side of lamb chops into spice rub. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat until oil begins to shimmer. Place lamb in pan; cook until golden and a crust has formed (2-3 minutes). Turn lamb over and continue cooking about 3-4 minutes. Remove lamb from pan; let rest 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note