This is a lovely specialty from Andalusia ... The taste is delightful.
Spanish Salmorejo de Cordobés ( Cold Tomato Soup)
This classic recipe of Andalusia is simple, non laborious and a lovely starter on a warm day. Very versatile and can be used as a bed for shellfish and / or a thick, velvety and creamy tomato based soup.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- green peppers 2
- tomatoes 4
- eggs 2
- slice(s) Bread 3
- tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar 1
- tablespoon(s) olive oil 3
- cup(s) ice water 5
- orange 1
- 1) slice the bell peppers into small cubes
- 2) place them in a Food Processor and add the minced garlic cloves ( 2 ) and sprinkle with sea salt
- 3) crush or finely mince milk soaked day old bread and squeeze until dry
- 4) then seed and peel the tomatoes and add to the mix
- 5) add the sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar as a sub and the ice water
- 6) peel the orange, remove the pith and the zest and slice finely and add to the salmorejo mixture
- 7) boil salted water and prepare 2 hard boiled eggs for garnish
- 8) sprinkle with picatostes or croutons and Iberian ham if you wish
- 9) the texture is velvety and thick
- 10) serve in bowls with a spoon
- Can be used as a bed for boiled shellfish, for example lobster or shrimp
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margauxcintrano and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note