Serve this hearty salad with a seared tuna steak or grilled shrimp.
Cooking Light MAY 2011
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
3. Fill a medium bowl with cold water; stir in 1 tablespoon juice. Work with one artichoke at a time; cut off stem to within 1 inch of base. Peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender heart and bottom. Cut artichoke in half lengthwise. Remove fuzzy thistle with a spoon. Slice artichoke heart into eighths; place in lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichoke. Drain.
4. Place artichokes in a saucepan; add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
5. Transfer rice to a large bowl; stir in salt and black pepper. Add dressing, artichokes, chickpeas, and remaining ingredients to rice mixture; stir well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Go to Full Version of