Spanish Rice and Beans
This Spanish-inspired dish can be very spicy, so adjust the hot sauce according to your preference.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 72.0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 5.8mg
- Sodium: 1410mg
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fiber: 9.0g
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package yellow rice mix (such as Vigo)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (2-inch) julienne-cut carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, carrot, and garlic; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in hot sauce. Serve bean mixture over rice. Sprinkle evenly with chopped fresh thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note