Spanish Potato Omelet
You can make this omelet up to 6 hours ahead; cover and store at room temperature up to 2 hours or chill up to 6 hours (let come to room temperature before serving).
More From Sunset
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 6.6g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Cholesterol: 158mg
- 3 russet potatoes (1 1/2 lb. total)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1. Peel potatoes and onion. Quarter each lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick frying pan over high heat and add all but 1 teaspoon olive oil. When oil just starts to smoke, add potatoes and onion. Stir, turning vegetables to coat with oil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently turn vegetables often until potatoes are tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, beat eggs with salt and stir in potato mixture.
- 4. Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil over bottom of frying pan (no need to wash) and return to medium-low heat. When pan is hot, add potato-egg mixture, spreading evenly. Cook until bottom is set and golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 5. Set pan under broiler about 4 inches from heat and broil, rotating pan as needed to cook evenly, until egg sets and lightly browns, about 3 minutes. Cover pan with a large plate; holding the two together tightly, invert. Lift pan off. Serve omelet warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note