This was good but not great. It seemed to be missing something. It was also quite a bit of work. I think I'll stick to making frittatas because they're much easier.
Spanish Potato and Egg "Tortilla"
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 323mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- /4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (2 to 3 large), peeled and very thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red peppers packed in olive oil with garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted pepper oil (from jar of peppers)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put oil, onion and potato in a heavy, 10-inch skillet; cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture. Spread out entire mixture, then cook over low heat until bottom is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Broil tortilla in upper third of oven until set in center and golden on top, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While tortilla is cooking, make red pepper sauce. Put red peppers in a food processor and process until smooth. With motor running, gradually pour oil and vinegar into red pepper puree. Season with pepper.
- Cut tortilla into wedges; serve warm or room temperature with red pepper sauce on side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch