I have made this a number of times for my family. The vinegar is strong, but we like strong flavors. This stays on my list of favorite recipes for my family. Sometimes I use the yellow rice, but plain old white rice works fine too.
Spanish Pork Tenderloin with Olives
A heavy skillet works best for this recipe, which calls for browning the pork then deglazing the pan.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups pork mixture and about 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 37.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 (5-ounce) package yellow rice (such as Bella)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 2/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting fat; keep warm.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients (flour through pork) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet. Add half of pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan. Repeat procedure with 2 teaspoons oil and remaining pork.
- Add the vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add onion and remaining ingredients, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender. Return pork to pan; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Discard bay leaves. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes