- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), sliced into thin half-moons
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Manchego or sharp Cheddar
- 1 small head green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- calories 538
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- sugars 5 g
- fiber 4 g
- fat 37 g
- satfat 12 g
- sodium 804 mg
- cholesterol 572 mg
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo, potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir to distribute the ingredients. Sprinkle with the Manchego and transfer to oven.
Bake the omelet until puffed and brown around the edges and a knife comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
Divide the lettuce and red onion among individual plates and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cut the omelet into wedges and serve with the salad.
Tip: This Spanish omelet is delicious served cold as an hors d'oeuvre. Use a cookie cutter or a shot glass to cut one into bite-size pieces.