- 1 cup chopped chorizo sausage (about 4 ounces)*
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh Avocado Salsa
- Garnishes: sour cream, freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cook chorizo sausage and next 3 ingredients in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove chorizo mixture from skillet, and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
Whisk together eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter in skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, rotating pan to coat bottom evenly. Add half of egg mixture. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Flip omelet over.
Sprinkle 1 side of omelet with half each of chorizo mixture and goat cheese. Fold over omelet. To make next omelet, repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon butter, egg mixture, chorizo mixture, and cheese. Top with Fresh Avocado Salsa; garnish, if desired.
* Spicy smoked sausage may be substituted for chorizo.