Spanish Omelet Turnovers
These superquick turnovers are filled with egg substitute, cheese, and tomato. They come together in a little over 15 minutes and make a satisfying breakfast.
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 684mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated crusty French loaf dough
- 1 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (1/8-inch-thick) slices tomato, cut in half
- Unroll dough into a 13- x 12-inch rectangle; cut into 4 rectangles. Set aside.
- Combine egg substitute and next 3 ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and green pepper; saute until tender. Add egg substitute mixture; cook over medium heat until mixture is firm but still moist, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon one-fourth of egg substitute mixtureevenly over half of each rectangle; sprinkle evenly with cheese and cracked pepper. Top each with a tomato slice. Fold rectangles in half over mixture; press edges together with a fork. Coat with cooking spray. Place turnovers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This